Stretches for Lower Back Pain
In this modern day, there are many people who are suffering from different severity levels of back pain. Such pain is very common since the invention of computer and many people are spending many hours daily sitting on the chair and staring the computer screen. When you are repeating such practice everyday, after some times, you will still having back pain.
In order to avoid yourself from such pain, you will need to have a proper gesture for your sitting, get a proper chair, keep a proper distance with your computer screen, stand up and do some light exercises after sitting for quite a long time. If you already having back pain and think of get rid of it, then you will need to carry out some stretches for your back.
Virtually everyone could gain benefit from stretching the soft tissues inside our body. We can strectch the muscles, tendons and ligaments in the back, buttock, legs, as well as the area surrounding our spine. You should know that the spinal column and its contiguous muscles, tendons and ligaments are all designed to move, and keep them not working for long time can make back pain worse.
Here are some back stretches to do at home if you would prefer to do it in private.
Lower Back Pain Stretches
Keep the following in mind when starting a stretching routine as part of a program of back exercises:
– Wear comfortable clothes that won’t bind
– Stretching should be pain free; do not force the body into difficult positions
– Move into the stretch slowly and avoid bouncing, which may actually tear muscles
– Stretch on a clean, flat surface that is large enough to move freely
– Hold stretches long enough (20-30 seconds) to allow muscles or joints to become loose
– Repeat the stretch, generally 5 – 10 times
Back Stretches for Back Pain
– Lie on your back with knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
– Place your bands on the back of your thighs and pull your legs toward your chest.
– Pull until a gentle stretch is felt.
– Hold for 15 seconds.
– Return to the starting position.
– Repeat 9 more times.
What is means by lower extremity stretches?
There ever someone asking me: “What do you mean by lower extremity stretches?” He is asking such question because he has totally no idea on what that means and how he should do about this. If you also happen to don’t know what it means and how to do such stretches, then you should check out the below video and you will get some ideas on what these stretches about. The video will show you how can you stretching the lower extremities includes the glutes, thighs, calves and hips.
Lower Extremity Stretching — powered by ehow
Back Pain Stretches Pictures
Here are some back pain stretches pictures that you can refer to in case you still having no idea on how to do such stretches.