The Perfect Summer Bride
With the Royal Wedding done and dusted, it is your turn to take centre stage and while we might not be able to provide a genuine Sarah Burton we may be able to deliver the next best thing.
Our princess Kate opted for typical royal elegance, lace and long arms; a stark contrast to the strapless gowns that the majority of brides have been favouring of late. So here we take a quick look at what is big in bridal beauty since Kate and William said their I dos and how that Grace Kelly number changed the way women are choosing ‘the one.’
1. Beginning with the flavour of the month, consider lace as a beautiful and truly classic addition to your dress. Nothing says bride like pure white lace teamed with antique pearls. Long lace sleeves are obviously experiencing a comeback now and it makes a stunning change from the usual bare arms that most brides like to go for. Dare to be different and embrace your natural glow rather than worrying about fake tan on your special day.
2. Go Grecian for something else a little different. The greek goddess is one not to be dismissed, it works beautifully for a summer wedding, whether you’re blonde or brunette, this look can look effortless whilst using super-sexy flowing silky gowns with just a little detail.
3. Bows might be more popular with flower girls but they are making a bit of a comeback in the bridal section and the bigger the better. Swap that laced up back for a bow on the front to avoid that Disney/eighties bow above the bottom look.
4. Ruffle things up with a layered dress; ruffles are a huge statement but don’t have to look like a toilet roll cover. Keep ruffles to the lower half of your gown and avoid any kind of net look material to keep things glam.
5. Thanks to K-Mid, sleeves and straps are big news in bridal right now. Strapless gowns have long been the toast of the town but it is now their time to step away from the limelight and make way for halternecks, draped sleeves and most importantly, long sleeves. Probably better suited for winter weddings and great for the girl who doesn’t want to spend the happiest days of her life toning up her arms.